Process Engineer III (PCK593-7776) Tampa, Florida
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Process Engineer III ?
We are currently seeking an Process Engineer III for our Tampa, Florida location. The purpose of this position is to provide technical support by optimizing plant operations, improving efficiencies and troubleshooting. Also to provide front end loading process support for capital projects using the established Capital Process Management (CPM) procedure.
What will you do?
- Front end engineering for capital projects, this includes identifying the business objectives, evaluating options and then developing a comprehensive solution to the opportunity, preliminary design and economic evaluations (IRR, NPV, Sensitivity Analysis). Participate in short and long range planning for capital projects. Develop training materials, train operators on new equipment, technologies and processes.
- Provide process engineering support to operations by identifying opportunities that will have a positive impact to the company’s safety and environmental record, and ultimately its bottom line. Engineering support methods will include tasks such as, but not limited to, process troubleshooting, plant optimization, efficiency improvements, heat and material balances, etc.
- Collaborate with project and process engineers from across the sites to identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities. Ensure energy efficiency and commonality across Mosaic where applicable in new equipment selection.
- Ensure regulatory, corporate and site safety and environmental standards are followed by conducting safety audits and risk assessments. Provide Engineering solutions that positively impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- 5 or more years of experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Minitab, Pivot tables, Maximo, and OIS,applicable plant operations software, such as Plant Information (PI) preferred.
- Strong knowledge and the ability to apply: Mass and Energy Balances, Vapor-Liquid Equilibria, Wet Chemistry, Evacuation and Scrubbing Systems, Fluid Design Systems, Heat Exchanger Design, Pump and Fan Design, Varying Materials of Construction, Process Equipment, Statistics.
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt to dynamic work environments. Strong communicator and interpersonal skills; Self-starter; Team player; Ability to positively engage people to drive action, Results oriented; Problem solver; Timeliness; High consciousness; Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of Sulfuric acid, Phosphoric acid and fertilizer manufacturing,Six Sigma certification is preferable. Basic knowledge of PLC and DCS technology preferred.
- Physical work environment is occasionally outdoors with exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-10 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with our without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!