Senior Project Engineer (PCK593-8594) Tampa, Florida
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Senior Project Engineer?
We are currently seeking an Senior Project Engineer for our Riverview, FL location. The Senior Project Engineer will execute all aspects of capital projects, as assigned, both in a supportive role for primarily mechanical projects and in a lead role for electrical, instrumentation and automation projects. Follow Mosaic’s CPM system in the performance of project work. Supervise the activities of contract engineers, designers and constructors as needed to accomplish project goals. Provide mentoring to more junior E&I/A engineers as needed. Fully engage with Operations in all activities.
What will you do?
- Provide capital project documents. Provide project scopes, estimates and schedules for assigned project work.
- Manage contractor activities as they pertain to all stages of E&I/A engineering and construction. Follow and enforce Mosaic’s procedures, standards and practices for these activities. Promote Mosaic’s safety culture in all activities, particularly with respect to contractor work.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all persons engaged in assigned project work including other project engineers and Mosaic Maintenance and Operations personnel.
- Lead and assist in the maintenance of plant single-line drawings and arc-flash studies. Provide E&I/A technical services for maintenance as needed. Provide technical expertise in interpreting the NEC and other governing rules for electrical work. Provide technical expertise to Purchasing when selecting E&I/A contractors.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for conducting audits and inspections.
- Reviews and authorizes work permits.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 10+ years experience in engineering project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate large capital projects involving significant equipment & process changes.
- Ability to work occasionally outdoors exposed to varying degrees of hot and cold environments, lift approximately 0-10 lbs unassisted, climb stairs, work at various heights, distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns, or materials, travel unassisted, use fine hand motor skills, work rotating shifts and overtime as required, see with or without correction, hear with or without correction, read, write, and understand basic English.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions. Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, and functional capacity examination.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers