Drupal IT Project Manager (BBBH5293) New York, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has the following 6 month project in New York City.
Work week is 35 billable hours. Candidates should be local to interview in person.
Details in person.
MTA needs to be able to maintain the mta.info web site in a more efficient manner than we heretofore have done and we need to be able to quickly add content to the site without having to make a lot of changes. The use of Drupal open source Content Management Software will allow us to do this. The applications we wish to move into Drupal are (but not limited to) the MTA Capital Dashboard, See it Say It, Eye on the Future, and MTA Home Pages.
We are looking for one or two Drupal IT Project Management Support with preferably four to six years of experience (Level 2) to start immediately for a work engagement of 6 months.
Objectives and Deliverables
MTA Headquarters EITG Group is looking for the Drupal Project Management Support to work with a team comprised of the MTA’s web master, developers, Database Administrators and executive staff to help implement various Drupal web sites within the MTA’s existing website environment.
Normal work hours will be 8:00AM – 4:00PM Monday through Friday, though occasional overtime and weekend work may be required. Working hours are flexible. Reporting location will be 341 Madison Avenue.
The candidate will lead the various MTA staff in all areas of the Drupal development life cycle. The candidate will make recommendations on best practices and methodologies. Candidate will work hand in hand with the content owners in order to design the web sites’ look and feel.
The deliverables are the various web sites that need to be converted into Drupal.
- Candidate must possess strong hands on experience with installing and configuring Drupal 7 and have strong skills implementing Drupal internet and/or intranet web sites.
- Candidate should have experience coding Cascading Style Sheets and PHP programming. In addition candidate must have hands on knowledge of Drupal theming, and Drupal module development.
- Candidate must also possess strong communications skills and be comfortable meeting with MTA upper management and working with and mentoring less experienced Drupal developers.
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of Enterprise Drupal web architecture.
- The candidate is required to possess a working knowledge of Linux, and/or Solaris operating system.
- Candidate should know how to resolve performance issues associated with a very large scale Drupal web site.