J2EE Developer - support/maintenance position- no third parties (BBBH5221) New York, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has the following direct client requirement. It is a 40 hour work week in Manhattan. We cannot work with third parties....direct C2C/1099 or W2 ONLY.
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a J2EE Lead Developer who will lead a team to support the production system and develop new functionality for a Citywide automated Time Keeping System - CITYTIME.
This is a straight forward maintenance and support position where the person will be fixing bugs that come up in any software as time goes on.
Candidate will need to be able to answer questions regarding Java Collections, Threading and differences between interface and abstract classes.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Daily management of development team.
• Troubleshoot and correct production issues.
• Architect, design, code and unit test new timekeeping functionality in areas such as activity and payroll processing; time sheet, roster, status, and roll-call functionality; work schedule, self-care service and portable data access alternatives.
• Delivery of a web-based application, dealing with challenges of compatibility, scalability and performance.
• Leadership role for communicating and coordinating development work with DBAs, open systems technicians, testing, operations and change management teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
HTMl, Hibernate, Toplink, JPA, EJB, JUnit
• Strong knowledge of Web Services, IBM MO, TIMITAM
• Ability to write complex SQL queries in Oracle including performance tuning and optimization.
• Experience working with Application Server.
• Strong knowledge of MDBs and data integration between heterogeneous environments
• Familiarity with HA and clustered deployment topologies
• Familiarity with application packaging and deployment tools like ANT, CruiseControl, Maven
• Minimum 3 years of experience working as a lead with large enterprise application managing a team of developers including work plan development.
• Minimum 5 years of experience developing enterprise-wide web-based applications.
• Preferred 3 years of experience working with Toplink, JPA or Hibernate.
• Preferred 3 years of experience working with Unit testing frameworks like JUnit and Selenium.
• Have the ability to rapidly comprehend and interpret the database data structures from the business perspective
• Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills
• Good Task and Time Management skills
• Prior experience working with any Timekeeping and/or Payroll system is a plus.
Bachelor's or Masters degree (or higher) in computer science, engineering, or related field