Senior Systems Analyst (BBBH5180) Schenectady, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opening for a Sr. Systems Analyst with their direct client in Schenectady, NY.
Sr System Analysts plan, organize, design, create and modify system specifications while managing technological applications and evaluating software and user requirements.
Design user interfaces, output systems, and manage software systems and oversees application development. Does research on user reported system issues; analyzes, develops a plan and identifies a solution to resolve the issue.
During this assignment, the Sr. System Analyst will work closely with Business Analyst, Architects, Developers and Project Managers on the client’s project. The client will need to be ready by 10/1/2013 to support exchanges for both Vermont and New York State.
Essential Assignment Functions:
· Prepare Solution Requirement Documents.
· Transition Solution Requirements to the Design Analyst responsible for the Technical Design Documentation.
· Support/participate in Technical design process as required
· Support Systems Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing by clarifying any requirements questions.
· Reviews, analyzes, and resolves production related issues to existing applications in collaboration with other team members.
· Provides day-to-day support, including but not limited to monitoring of production processes, execution and validation of maintenance related changes, participation in code inspections, and researching potential issues.
· Support Testers for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Integrated System Testing by clarifying any requirements questions
· Prepare and deliver solution specifications that address solution requirements, issues, alternatives and recommendations associated with the development of new core or modification of existing business apps
· Interact with business users to diagnose problems, clarify and document requirements, and advise on system use.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Health Care Experience strongly preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication required
· Advanced knowledge and experience in structured systems analysis and design
· Working knowledge of Facets processing system preferred
· Demonstrated working knowledge of concepts for a utilization management and/or systems such as MaxMC or Care Radius.
· Working knowledge of some or all of the following: Java, JSP, HTML tools, SQL, Oracle, Sybase, Visual Basic. Reporting Applications, TCL, and Windows environments Proven ability to build relationships with business and technical partners to improve customer service and continuously improve project delivery
· Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
• Prior Systems Analyst experience
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Prior experience in a managed care environment preferred