Technical hands on Project Manager with healthcare experience (BBBH4937) Schenectady, New York
Tailwind Associates, an EOE, has an opportunity in Schenectady, NY with their direct client.
We are currently looking for a hands on Technical IT Project Manager resource for our client's Schenectady office for Staff Aug/IT project work. We would prefer local candidates as they must be available to be on-site during business hours Mon-Fri.
Perform all required functions of an IT Project Manager on assigned projects
Essential Assignment Functions:
* Schedule Management - create and maintain the project schedule
* Budget Management - Monitor and report on the project budget. Track actuating expenditures. Estimate future expenditures.
* Communication Management- Manage all project communications include status reports, resource requests, and other management level reports.
* Issue & Risk Management - Coordinate the identification, tracking, communication and resolution of project issues and risks
* Change Management - monitor project scope, schedule and budget. Submit change requests as needed.
* Project Team Management - work with resource managers to staff the project. Schedule and track task assignments for project resources
* Other duties as required.
* Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
* Able to create and maintain an effective project schedule using Microsoft Project (Required)
* PMI Project Manager Certification (a plus)
* Experience using Change Point to manage resources (not required but very helpful)
* Experience Managing Information Technology projects in a matrixed organization.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (Required)
* Experience managing technology upgrade projects such as Citrix (Strongly preferred)