Civil Designer - Linear Infrastructure (Water/Wastewater) (11926BR) Burlington, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of architectural services; highway and bridges; aviation; rail and transit; water and water resources; wastewater; environment; municipal engineering; ports and harbors; tunnels; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with over 65 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of services, from planning and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada.
We are looking for a Civil Designer with strong skills and experience related to Linear Infrastructure (Water / Wastewater) projects to join our growing team in Burlington, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be working with multi-discipline teams to help develop layouts in accordance with clients and other established codes and standards.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Responsible for linear infrastructure design which includes, watermains, sewers, tunnels, pump stations, storm drainage, buried infrastructures, earthworks, roads, etc.
• Establish, manage and produce design engineering drawings.
• Coordinate with different disciplines, utility agencies and sub-consultants to finalize design.
• Quantities takeoff from for estimates and tender documents.
• Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited institution.
• 5 – 10 years of design experience with the ability to work independently.
• Must have Linear Infrastructure experience (Water / Wastewater) experience.
• Candidates must be experienced using MicroStation and AutoCAD for the design.
• Knowledge of 3D MicroStation is a must.
• Proficiency with MS Office.
• Knowledge and involvement for the preparation of specifications, tender documents is an asset.
• The attributes most sought after are strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, leading computer skills, solid academic achievement, self-motivation, initiative, independent learning ability and commitment.