Mechanical Designer - Revit MEP (14405BR) Toronto, Canada
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned global management, multi-discipline engineering and development consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world with over 14,000 staff worldwide.
Mott MacDonald has a long and successful history of working in Canada, particularly through Hatch Mott MacDonald, with 15 offices across the country where we have historically focused on Infrastructure Projects such as tunnels, highways, airports and rail projects. Mott MacDonald has established their building expertise into the Canadian market and is looking for strong performers to join their buildings team based in Toronto. Mott MacDonald has an extensive and impressive range of buildings project experience to draw upon including Wembley Stadium, Dubai Marina, Manchester Civil Justice center – all award winning buildings.
Mott MacDonald Canada currently has a permanent opportunity for a motivated, capable and organized Mechanical Designer - Revit MEP Technician within the Buildings & Infrastructure Division located in our Toronto office.
Candidates should have a good multidisciplinary knowledge of their field and be able to positively assist other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts CAD technician issues.
• Knowledge of Revit MEP software.
• 5 years’ experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.
• Working knowledge of 3D M&E drafting is essential.
• Experience in the use of AutoCAD.
• Capability to work to deadlines and work independently when required.
As an experienced Mechanical Designer - Revit MEP, you will be involved on a range of small to large projects as part of our infrastructure team.
• Required to work on projects relating to Mechanical, Electrical and Public health.
• Produce and develop 3D co-ordinated models using BIM Authoring tools such as Revit MEP and producing schematic and detailed 2D CAD drawings using company standard CAD/BIM systems, processes and procedures.
• Organization of MEP drawings and the maintenance of incoming and outgoing drawing register.
• Assisting in preparation of tender documents.
• Additional ad hoc duties, such as assisting the design engineers with short term and immediate requirements.
• Be able to interact positively with both senior and junior staff alike and within the client environment.