Principal Consultant (14177BR) Montréal, Canada
Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with and more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Mott MacDonald’s core business sectors cover buildings, transport, energy, water, environment, health, education, industry, oil and gas, communications and international development. The company has won many commercial and industry awards, including being named ‘International Consultancy of the year’ (NCE/ACE) and placed 22nd in the UK’s Sunday Times ‘25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ survey in 2013.
As a result of our continuing success and increasing workload we shall recruit a Principal Consultant to support Mott MacDonald Canada Ltd in providing P3 Advisory Services, including Independent Certifier, to the North American P3 market place based in Montreal. The Principal Consultant will report directly to the Divisional and Sub-Divisional Manager, based in Boston and Toronto respectively.
We are looking to recruit a senior individual with the right experience to support the development of our Montreal / Quebec team and act as our lead Independent Certifier for a number of projects currently being delivered in Quebec and New Brunswick. The successful candidate will lead the continued development of the Mott MacDonald team in both Quebec and Ontario and more widely across Canada and North America. Our current team has had excellent success in establishing Mott MacDonald in the P3 market. We therefore consider that it is the right time to further invest in our business and recruit an experienced individual and P3 practitioner to build and develop on these existing mandates.
Further to the above, Mott MacDonald also offers additional services in the North American P3 market, including Lenders' Technical Adviser Commissions (both pre and post Financial Close), Facilities Management Advisory Commissions, Due Diligence and Acquisition Advisory, etc. The Principal Consultant shall be responsible for overseeing all mandates delivered in Quebec and New Brunswick.
This is a senior role which forms part of the overall management structure of Mott MacDonald Canada Limited. As a result, the idea candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience within the buildings environment and infrastructure projects;
• Possess excellent French oral and written communication skills, namely being a fluent French speaker and French technical report author;
• Possess good English oral and communication skills;
• An excellent understanding of the P3/AFP model with good experience of delivery of schemes in this market;
• Demonstrable business management and development skills;
• Familiar and proficient with project management process;
• Possess a recognized post-secondary educational degree;
• Familiar with construction role and sites in multiple sectors (buildings, rail, transport, etc.); and,
• Positive attitude, team player.
The Principal Consultant will act within multiple projects within the P3 sector. The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
• Leading a number of Mott MacDonald IC Mandates in Quebec;
• Working within the private finance / P3 market supporting clients on technical aspects of project delivery;
• Acting as direct interface with major Client and wider project team;
• Managing internal budgets and resources (along with any sub-consultants);
• Drafting technical reports and undertaking project audits;
• Business development activities, including development of formal proposals;
• Coordinating and managing support to other disciplines and offices, as required;
• Support to business initiatives and projects within Mott MacDonald Canada; and,
• Any other assigned functions.