Electrical Engineer - K1 Mine (PCK593-8430) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer at our K1 Mine, Esterhazy, SK location. The successful candidate will plan, prepare and carry out electrical engineering analysis and provide solution to electrical maintenance problems for the effective and efficient mining of potash. To evaluate major electrical maintenance or construction projects within the Mine Electrical Maintenance department.
What will you be working on?
- Design, budget, schedule and co-ordinate capital and expense jobs in consultation with operating departments. Assist other departments in major electrical capital projects.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to maintenance and operations as required in case of emergency with the electrical or instrumentation systems.
- Keep abreast with developments in the electrical and instrumentation industries, primarily controls, networking and communications. Communicate with suppliers on new products.
- Responsible to be familiarized with codes and regulations governing electrical and instrumentation use in mines. Ensure all safety regulations are followed.
- Responsible for advising the operating and maintenance departments of technical changes to lower operating and maintenance cost and improve reliability.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Engineering with a major in Electrical or related discipline.
- Ticket to supervise underground as per mine regulations preferred.
- Two to Five years of mining experience and the ability to work with people; as well as coordinate functions with other service and production departments.
- Knowledge of commonly used software packages is required; Maximo, Kronos, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Must display sufficient credibility and integrity to maintain the respect of superiors, subordinates and peers. Must be capable of dealing in the Company's best interest with suppliers and consultants.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!