Cost Accountant - Temporary 12 months (PCK593-7785) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Cost Accountant - Temporary 12 months at our Esterhazy, SK location. The successful candidate will efficiently provide cost and production data for the control of operations; prepares analyses of plant expenditures and prepares forecasts for plant performance. Assists in the preparation of departmental budgets.
What will you be working on?
- Prepare and analyze weekly and monthly cost reporting.
- Prepare and analyze weekly and monthly tonnage reporting.
- Prepare special analyses as required.
- Assist in department system design and implementation.
- Analyze data input and output from Data Processing.
- Identify prior year's costs and tonnages.
- Must be familiar with the mining and milling processes and related costs.
- Analyze and trace cost accounting input.
- Diligently adhere to all relevant legal environmental requirements.
- Diligently ensure that all relevant OH&S requirements and in-house safety regulations are complied with. The above reflect the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What is required for this role?
- A minimum of two year's university training in Commerce or a minimum fourth year enrollment in a CMA or CGA course.
- Two year's experience with Data Processing systems and statistical analysis interpretation.
- Familiar with operation of a personal computer and efficiently use windows and excel.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!