Ruby Developer with Sphinx
Salary: USD75 - USD100 per hour
Our client has a need for a Ruby on Rails Developer to help grow and advance their platform utilizing Sphinx technology They have a high-traffic; high-transaction system that is constantly giving them new opportunities to push the boundaries of Ruby on Rails.
- Candidates should talk through rough feature requirements all the way through debugging issues in production
- Moving beyond customer-facing features, this role will be involved in refining and improving their framework and infrastructure as they scale and grow their platform
- The ideal candidate would know how to optimize queries as well as different strategies for caching data
- experience doing custom configurations (defining what data to index from multiple tables and dbs)
- ability to use spanish stemming
- ability to have english and spanish index
- ability to have a user preference to choose which index to use
The successful applicant will possess the following requirements (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- 2+ years of production Rails work
- 2+ years of Sphinx and/or Sphinx Search Engine experience
- Strong Ruby knowledge
- Experience working with large databases
- Experience with Ruby / Rails performance optimization and complex refactoring
Skills / Experience:
- Enterprise-class Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) development
- Working knowledge of full-text search technologies
- Strong debugging and data spelunking skills
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.