Build / Release Software Engineer (Chef / Ruby)* (13509) Newark, California
You will be part of a DevOps team that is responsible for Build, Release software packages as well as deploying the software bits to different Cloud environments. You will be developing tools/scripts to deploy big Linux and windows based clusters to private and public Cloud environments.
Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following technologies:
- Chef / Ruby
- C#, .NET, Java or C++
- CloudFormation/Puppet/AWS scripting.
- Linux/Unix bash scripts
- BS / MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 8-10 years of working experience as software engineering
- Proven experience with deployment automation
- Experience with big cluster deployments in Amazon AWS or other Cloud providers
- Good skills in designing and developing code/tools
- Works well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment within and across teams
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work to shared code standards
- Quick learner
- Good communication skills.
Did you know there"s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there"s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, and flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you"ve "never" heard of, unless you"re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visitwww.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.