DevOps Engineer (MSBuild, Hudson, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet) (SSsource) Newark, California
You will be part of our DevOps team that is responsible for Build, Release software packages as well as deploying the software bits to different Cloud environments.
You will be developing tools/scripts to deploy big Linux and Windows based clusters to private and public Cloud environments.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: C#/.NET/Java/C++
- Good knowledge of the following technologies: Continuous Integration, MSBuild, Hudson
- Good communication skills.
- Good skills in designing and developing code/tools
- Experience with CloudFormation / Chef / Puppet / AWS scripting.
- Experience with Linux/Unix bash scripts
- Experience with big cluster deployments in Amazon AWS or other Cloud providers
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of working experience as software engineering
- Proven experience with Build automation
- Work well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment within and across teams
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work to shared code standards
- Quick learner
Our Software development group focuses on developing and building world class, high performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to our 400+ clients worldwide. Using World class technology, we are building an exciting next generation product that leverages the latest advancements in database tools, grid computing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and visualization optimization. Our Enterprise Platform utilizes restful web services, 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, best-in-class virtualization technology, and GPU-based computing in a SaaS environment.
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we’re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.