Manager, Analytical Development (C#) (14059) Newark, California
Reporting to the Senior Director of Analytical Development, you will lead a team of software engineers responsible for designing and developing the analytics, services, language & framework of our next generation product, RMS(one). In this role, you will oversee the group’s software development efforts in our financial model components and domain-specific language for insurance contracts. You will also contribute to the implementation, design and code of our analytical stack. You will be challenged with learning and embracing the complex domain of analytical risk modeling for the insurance/re-insurance industry and will be expected to lead the team in many dimensions, including technical, domain, and managerial/leadership. We will look for great things from you as you play a significant role in the design, development, direction and orchestration of RMS’s next generation analytics and the RMS(one) product itself.
Required experience and skills:
- 10+ years of software development experience in designing, architecting, implementing, testing, deploying and maintaining highly available, enterprise level software systems
- 5+ years experience managing software engineering teams of at least 8 or more staff
- Superior programming skills in C#, C++ and OO design
- Superior organizational skills, superior communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Superior critical thinking and decision-making skills in both tactical and strategic contexts within the product development cycle
- Superior ability to prioritize and triage issues during an agile product development cycle
- Excellent analytical skills in mathematical/statistical modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
Desirable experience and skills:
- Strong experience in multithreading, SOA based architecture and distributed computing
- Strong experience in data structures, algorithms, efficient data transformations, OO programming and design
- Strong experience with performance monitoring tools, prior experience with performance measurement and testing
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Prior experience with catastrophe modeling, insurance industry, finance industry a big plus
- Knowledge and of performance monitoring tools and prior experience with performance instrumentation
Did you know there"s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there"s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, and flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you"ve "never" heard of, unless you"re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.