Accounts Payable Lead / Manager (12753) Newark, California
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. The models and consulting services of RMS are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils such as - earthquake, flood, hurricane, windstorm, wild fire, disease pandemic. RMS continues to grow and diversify in order to service and meet the requirement of its clients through research and technology innovation and superior client service. The company"s strength lies in its ability to use and develop the skills of its people across a diverse range of business activities.
- Act as the global Accounts Payable Lead and trainer on accounts payable system.
- Be the first point of escalation and urgent requests
- Manage the global AP close process and supervise specialists
- Document the accounts payable process; refine the purchase to pay processes to ensure proper audit controls and consistency of accounting practices globally
- Manage the ERP system conversion from Platinum to Oracle 12 from an accounts payable perspective
- Be responsible for the full cycle of accounts payable from purchase requisition posting to purchase order creations for certain vendors and related wire payments
- Handle Daily AP voucher postings and weekly postings to GL
- Be responsible for monthly accounts payable close and related reconciliations for the US and UK, including accrual reconciliations and review of all accounts payable reconciliations for all entities
- Handle monthly accruals Assist with monthly flux analysis
- Manage aging review Prepare and submit quarterly corporate taxes
- Manage issuance of annual 1099"s
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of full-cycle, accounts payable managerial experience
- Must be customer-focus and be able to provide excellent customer services
- Must have good Accounts Payable and Accounting (Balance Sheet accounts vs. P&L accounts, fixed asset, prepay transaction, accrual transaction) knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlook-up, pivot tables, etc.).
- Solid experience with MS Office is required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Candidates should be highly organized and flexible in a dynamic environment
- Team oriented with good managerial skills
- Candidates should be local to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we"re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable. At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visitwww.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.