Software Engineer (Financial Modeling/Engineering, Statistics) (12582) Newark, California
Are you driven by data? Do you daydream about stochastic models or probabilistic theory? Do you want to work for a global leader in technology? Do you want to build large-scale data systems and cutting edge quantitative algorithms? If that any of these are true then RMS is the place for you! We are looking to empower world-class engineers to build next generation data solutions utilizing the latest technologies.
You will be part of an expert team responsible for designing and developing unique and innovative Financial Engines utilizing leading edge research on a high performance and scalable platform.
You will leverage the latest advances in database tools, grid computing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and visualization optimization like never before. Our Enterprise Platform utilizes restful web services, 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, best-in-class virtualization technology, and GPU-based computing in a SaaS environment.
Skills and Experience Required:
To be successful in the role, you must be/have:
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Degree/courses in statistics and/or financial engineering a big plus!
- Experience with, and excellent knowledge of the following technologies: C#, C++, SQL, WCF, .NET.
- Excellent object oriented design skills with extensive knowledge/usage of Design patterns.
- Strong data modeling and relational database design skills. Experience with MS SQL Server and/or Vertica.
- Strong interest in writing scalable, high performance applications.
- Knowledge and use of performance monitoring, code coverage, and memory checking tools.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality code to standards specification.
- Work well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment within and across teams.
RMS will give additional consideration to candidates that have skills or knowledge in the following areas:
- Worked with, or developed probabilistic distribution modules.
- Experience with GPU based computing.
- Experience with Vertica, Hadoop, .Net Task Parallel Library (C#).
- Microsoft Development Certifications.
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we’re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.