Director, Analytics Product Management (13271) Newark, Delaware
Make significant contributions to the analytics that are at the heart of the RMS(one). Lead the work to define/develop various analytics capabilities. Involved in developing methodologies applying advanced simulation techniques as we update our model suite. Some of these capabilities include:
- Modeling of Aggregate exposure data. Understand the various types of aggregation and what needs to be modeled
- Application of post-event loss amplification
- Application of methods to represent correlation, uncertainty, and alternate views of risk
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engaging deeply with clients and providing clear guidance regarding client needs to ensure that the new analytics, engines and applications take into consideration current client thinking.
- Capturing customer points of view and industry practices regarding methodological questions for the analytics development. Where differing viewpoints may exist, develop a strategy to resolve the issue, either by taking one point of view or supporting multiple methods.
- Work with the Application Product Management team to ensure consistency of requirements
- Work with the Development teams to ensure proper methodology and implementation of the various features.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative discipline (e.g., engineering, physical science, finance, mathematics or statistics) from a highly-regarded school.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in progressively senior roles within the industry.
- Deep familiarity with Cat Models, preferably having been involved in the development process.
- Familiarity with large number of Cat Models, a plus.
- Strong math background with a deep understanding of statistical methods and methodological choices.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A problem solver who can leverage his/her experience to develop practical solutions.
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious.
- Strong collaboration skills. Able to bring a diverse group of opinions to consensus.
- A self-starter with an ability to drive forward despite ambiguity.
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we"re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable. At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.