Senior Build Engineer (Continuous Integration, MSBuild, C#) (14289) Newark, California
At RMS, we have big ideas around big data. We seek candidates that rise to challenges with the curiosity and mental dexterity to analyze and solve complex problems. We have a contagious, enthusiastic approach to problem-solving and an infinite curiosity.
What are the chances of an 8.0 earthquake hitting tomorrow? How much money does your insurance company need to ensure you can rebuild if an event were to occur? We build the platform that help answer that question. Do you want to be part of the solution?
We look for professionals who will bring a fresh perspective and a desire to make a huge impact. Let us know if this is your dream job.
Here's what you get to do:
- Be part of a DevOps team that is responsible for Build, Release software packages as well as deploying the software bits to different Cloud environments.
- Developing tools/scripts to deploy big Linux and windows based clusters to private and public Cloud environments.
- Enhance build processes and scripts to achieve a dramatic improvement in build speed and build reliability
- Collaborate with developers from several software teams to enhance our library of unit and integration tests
- Write Windows/Linux scripts to automate deployment processes
- Deploy to large scale cloud environments consisting of hundreds of servers
The successful candidate requires:
- Minimum of 5 years related experience with a Bachelor's degree or 3 years and a Masters degree.
- Continuous Integration experience with TeamCity/Jenkins/CruiseControl tools.
- Experience with administering source control systems like MS Team Foundation server
- Solid understanding of the software build process with MSBuild, TFSBuild script
- Automation with Windows batch scripts, Linux bash scripts in Windows & Linux environments
- C#/.NET programming experience writing tools for build and deployment
- Working well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
There's a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months.
At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you've "never" heard of, unless you one of our clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. As we lead an industry we helped pioneer we are able to offer stimulating careers to those who want to make a real impact on the world at large.
At RMS we believe in thought leadership, personal growth and out-standing performance and support a culture of inclusiveness across all our offices. As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market and we looking for talented professionals to join us.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.