Reporting - Quality Assurance Manager (89656BR) Stamford, Connecticut
The Finance Integrated Reporting (FIR) function produces and distributes financial management information to executives and senior managers across the UBS business divisions and corporate centre. Business specific performance measurement is managed on a regional basis while centres of excellence bring together subject matter expertise in the various common areas of reporting, dispense with alignment to specific businesses and drive standardization, control and automation. The performance of the function is measured in terms of client satisfaction, client responsiveness, quality control and cost effectiveness.
The FIR organization comprises approximately 415 staff based in the UK, Switzerland, Americas and APAC regions as well as in India and Poland. The Governance - Quality Assurance manager position has a global remit and reports into the Head of Governance.
The position requires a strong, detail-oriented professional that can quickly gain knowledge of the various teams in Finance Integrated Reporting and develop an understanding of the Finance reporting inventory and controls in order to implement a quality assurance framework and manage adherence to quality standards. The ideal candidate will bring a strategic mindset to the role and be able to maintain a positive, professional attitude while operating in a fast-paced global environment and juggling multiple competing priorities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Further develop the reporting quality assurance framework by documenting controls for data (actuals) from source systems and establishing and circulating best practices document to teams
- Documentation of quality assurance standards and Finance Watermark eligibility via UniFi
- Provision of metrics on quality assurance
- Drive the implementation of the Finance Watermark and assess the progress highlighting any execution issues, risks and dependencies threatening the timely rollout
- Manage communications regarding Finance Watermark and accountability
- Incorporate quality assurance standards into the ORF2 framework
- Manage adherence to quality assurance standards through an audit / testing process designed to identify, escalate and monitor deficiencies
- Implementation of Finance Integrated Reporting branding to enhance overall reporting quality and ensure consistency
- Development and management of statistical controls / analysis to be incorporated into the quality assurance framework
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong results orientation and ability to work across boundaries, locations and multiple layers of the organization
- Strong self motivated contributor who is comfortable working independently on multiple assignments and has the ability to look ahead, anticipate and manage around challenges
- Ability to challenge with solid decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent team building / interpersonal skills