SoftSheen-Carson, Senior Manager, Marketing (PCK336-42518) New York, New York
About SoftSheen Carson
For decades, Softsheen-Carson has had a similar and powerful vision: to help people of color celebrate their unique, highly individual looks and styles through the most innovative products specially designed for their needs. Softsheen-Carson continues this legacy and stops at nothing to give our consumers the largest array of scientifically-advanced beauty tools.
We believe everyone should be able to celebrate her or his beauty with confidence and flair. And for people of color that means they should be able to express how they want to look, and, ultimately, who they uniquely want to be. We mix our heart, our soul, our science into formulas that come through for the community that gave birth to us, helping women, men and children of color define, and then express, beauty on their own terms.
Learn more about products and trends at www.softsheen-carson.com
Product Management positions are responsible for the management of existing
products, the launch of new products and for contributing to the development of Marketing programs for
assigned brands and new products.
· Propose and implement brand/product strategy and promotional and trade Marketing plan; implement and
evaluate new product launches and manage existing product “panier”
· Identify innovative product opportunities and contribute ideas
· Provide direction, training, coaching and development to project teams and staff
· Interact effectively with other departments to support Marketing objectives
· Manage budget, ensure sales forecast accuracy, track and analyze COGs, and make pricing
· Conduct competitive and consumer data analysis; make recommendations to management based on data
· Influence and manage the Creative process
· Prepare brand reviews including providing guidance to Assistant Level
· Lead research and development analysis
· Lead development of 360 brand plans
· Lead PR agency to support base and new business
· Direct creative team on packaging evolution and new item launch materials
(Accountabilities are general and may vary according to the scope of the business).
Technical / Professional
· Business Acumen — Deep knowledge of the brand, category, products, retail dynamics, competitors, market
trends, and consumers
· Data Analysis — Evaluates data to draw business implications
· Financial Knowledge — i.e. COGs and sales forecast, budgets, P&L
· Market Research — Ability to read and interpret research data; develops research plan with Strategic Planning
· Media — Understands media planning, develops and communicates brand communication objectives and
· Collateral — Help create and innovate existing go-to market materials
· Management — Direct or indirect management experience (Assistant, Intern)