REDKEN Manager, Global Marketing & Product Innovation, Haircare (PCK336-43009) New York County, New York
Redken balances its solid past of science with inspiration from the industry's best educators and a street sense of fashion that keeps Redken on the cutting edge.
Redken leads the professional beauty industry with our street-smart products and passionate, talented people. You'll put your skills to work in a fast-paced, high-energy atmosphere as you collaborate with dynamic, creative professionals. We are looking for dedicated individuals who want to help us perfect our teams.
To learn more about the brand visit www.redken.com
Product Management positions are responsible for managing the development of the new product “basket” and pillar product renovations as well as driving category growth worldwide.
· Influence, suggest or develop new and renovate pillar products for the international brand offering
· Generate innovative ideas and concept for products on a global level
· Provide direction, training, coaching and development to project teams
· Interact effectively with other departments, countries, and Zones to manage the product development process
· Develop creative material in-line with the brand’s integrated communication platform; influence media recommendations
· Manage and monitor promotional budget and catalogue SKUs through analysis of global forecasts, PRI details, gross margin, etc.
· Conduct comprehensive competitive and consumer analyses on a global level and identify trends; decode consumer insights to write breakthrough concepts
· Follow up on the entire product development process, including writing country implementation kits and tracking timetables
· Analyze, summarize, and develop conclusions; substantiate and present recommendations to management
· Manages lab meetings
· Business Acumen — Deep knowledge of the brand, category, products, retail dynamics, competitors, market trends and consumers on a global level
· Product Development — Concept writing, formula briefing and evaluation, packaging development
· Creative — Partner and direct the creative process and department
· Data Analysis — Evaluate data to draw business implications
· Financial Knowledge — i.e. PRI and global sales forecasts
· Market Research — Ability to read and interpret research data
· Media — Understands the process to create a worldwide media plan
· Cross-Cultural Knowledge
(Accountabilities are general and may vary according to the scope of the business)