Clinic Front Desk Clerk- Bilngual in English and Spanish (4507BR) San Bernardino, California
• Answers phones, handles requests and inquiries, or routes as appropriate. Answers calls promptly and courteously.
• Provides specific information to patients about MMG clinic policies and services. Books follow-up appointments in Misys keeping in mind provider specific requests and requirements.
• Places reminder calls to patients reminding them of appointments and explaining late and no-show policies
• Strictly follows all established policies and procedures as it relates to HIPAA and confidentiality in the work place. Assists with maintaining all medical record notes, lab reports, specialist reports in an organized and orderly system by filing in a paper medical record or scanning into the Electronic health Record.
• Maintains and files charts timely and accurately, creates complete charts for new patients with all signed and completed paperwork.
• Ensures referral requests are entered into the system to track every referral ordered by the attending provider. Follow up to ensure specialist appointments are made, patients have kept appointments as scheduled and narrative reports are received and presented to the PCP. Once reviewed and signed off also shares in the responsibility of ensuring report is filed in Patient Medical record. Supports reporting requirements; collects and reports information concerning patient demographics, services and payments.
• Assist with billing of appropriate party; assist with billing disability determinations- records patient payment information accurately; understands the details of the process including city/county codes.
• Maintains work area, administrative support spaces, and waiting room in clean and orderly condition. Able to handle and diffuse patient complaints and disagreements. Able to work calmly and politely in stressful situations.
• Completes several end of day reports regarding collections and regarding appointments, no shows, etc.
• Handles incoming telephone consults from patients and consultants.
• Prints and distributes next day appointment schedules for provider and nursing staff review
• Assists in cross-training new personnel in regards to front desk duties
• Ensures supplies and office equipment for administrative areas are maintained at par levels
• Checks to ensure that all patient records are accounted for and returned to medical records area; understand and follows HIPAA guidelines in regards to PHI.
• Responsible for monitoring office supplies
• Upon request, may be requested to greet and check in patients; supports the staff in the Check-in process if requested.
• Assists all staff with routine administrative duties, such as filing, copying, and mailing.
State Plan / Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities (List all essential duties other than those listed above in order of importance)
• Must be able to work in a busy clinical setting with a multi-lingual and multi-age patient and staff population.
• Must be able to assess and respond to urgent issues in a competent manner.
• Good organizational skills are required.
• Work at other sites to accommodate patient load. Professional attitude and adherence to office policies and procedures is required.
• Must maintain patient confidentiality.
• Serves as good ambassador for Molina when working with non-Molina staff, County staff, volunteers, visiting consultants, residents and other health professions trainees.
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Proficiency in basic computer skills is required
• Up to one year of experience working in a physician’s office setting or applicable experience
• Medical Records clerical experience.
• Experience with a multi-lingual/multi-cultural patient population.
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please apply through the intranet job listing. Also, fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 am - 5:30 pm