Account Manager (Novus) Minneapolis, Minnesota
Position is based in Plymouth, MN
NOVUS means “new.” So it’s fitting that our brand has always been a magnet for bright people seeking new opportunities. Imagine joining a dynamic media organization with ties to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. As part of Omnicom Media Group (OMG), Novus is a respected pioneer and innovator in both traditional and emerging engagement channels. Our entrepreneurial roots stretch back to 1987, and we’ve never lost our independent streak. We’re known for staying two steps ahead of a changing and highly disruptive media environment—blending art and science to constantly reinvent digital and print media planning and buying. From Fortune 500s to some of the world’s elite creative agencies, organizations of all sizes rely on our expertise and strong customer service. As a Novus team member, you’ll enjoy a culture that combines the camaraderie of “small” with the benefits of “big.” But be warned: We’re not for everybody. Our employees aren’t followers; they share a passion for pushing boundaries and exploring uncharted territory. That’s why we say: “Think new. Think Novus.”
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OR PURPOSE OF JOB:
The goal and purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership to the team in an effort to obtain team and client service initiatives. This includes ensuring that the plan and direction for clients is executed, strategic insight is provided into their marketing plans and new ideas are presented to these clients on a regular basis.
The other key aspects of the position include performance management, leadership, development of Account Executive (AE), internal and external communication, project management, monitoring and troubleshooting issues within the programs, ideation, relationship building/tracking, understanding processes and workflow, organization/multi-tasking, sales, client services, maximization of technology to create efficiencies, department collaboration, and ensuring team financial objectives are achieved or exceeded.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Strategic Account Management:
• Continuously recommend to new ideas/concepts/tactics and formulate strategic plans with the team
• Develop, manage and coordinate strategies for multiple clients
• Provide daily communication via phone, email and/or direct contact with determined client contacts at manager levels
• Provide direct oversight, management, leadership and guidance to team of Account Executive (s) and/or Assistant Account Coordinator(s) Internal strategic direction
• Help drive the selling processes of Novus Media initiatives (i.e. online and analytics).
• Provide strategic direction to new/opportunistic clients
• Monitor budgets and negative margin to ensure we are staying on track with yearly goals
• Understand and foster referral opportunities from client relationships
• Investigate industry news and information to further enhance knowledge of the media industry
• Perform various other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Administration, Marketing or Communications)
• 5+ years of comprehensive media and/or client service experience, with 2+ years in a leadership/supervisory role with the ability to delegate authority and responsibility
• Proven experience in a business development/client service driven environment; experience in print media and/or direct response a plus
• Be a proactive self-starter.
• Have polished communication and listening skills as well as negotiating (internal/external),
• Have strong organizational skills as applied through an ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to build strong relationships (internal/external) that lead to maintained business, additional business, program implementation, enhanced processes/increased efficiencies, open communication, constructive criticism, collaboration, conflict resolution, and the overall success of the company
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence others; well developed facilitation/presentation skills
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals; demonstrated intellectual capabilities
• Travel required as dictated by needs of the clients, referral partners, and scheduled conferences
• Advanced PC skills to include all Microsoft Office products
CONTACTS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
This position has contacts within/throughout the organization at all levels, including employees, managers, directors, vice presidents and officers; with outside vendors, clients, and suppliers of services and products; and should maintain a strong external network of professional relationships with others in the media industry.