Sr. Mobile UI/UX Designer - 3066970 (BBBH606) Sunnyvale, California
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to help drive our Mobile products and work hands on to guide our UI/UX initiatives. Working closely with our Mobile Product team, you will be designing our next generation of mobile websites & apps across multiple platforms. You will play a key role in developing and executing creative strategy around user-centered design activities, mixing business and user goals to create awesome online experiences for our users.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about (and formally trained in) creating intuitive and engaging user experiences with a modern, balanced, clean and concise design sense. A technical background that would allow them to help take a project from concept to completion is a huge plus. Must be well versed in all aspects of mobile design, well versed in iOS and Android design and development, with comprehensive mobile design portfolio.
We also need someone who is an ambitious self-starter, a team player and is at ease designing for multiple projects at once on tight deadlines. You will play a role in formulating, establishing and annotating the navigation, functionality, organizational structure, and page-to-page flows for the cross-device experiences. The role requires a balance of strategic and conceptual thinking, on top of strong organizational skills.
- Designing user interaction models, workflows and user interfaces for cross-device experiences
- Helping to define the user model and user interface for new and existing mobile products and features
- Developing high level and/or detailed storyboards, create mockups and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate interaction
- Gauging the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change
- Translating usability and field research findings into design improvements;
- Collaborating with other Yahoo! product teams to develop cross-product standards both inside team and across the Yahoo! network
- Pushing the boundaries of what's possible to create delightful experiences for our users.
- Requires a MS/BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction or related field and 5+ years directly related experience in UI design / Information Architecture or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Extensive experience designing for mobile and tablets, both native app design and mobile web
- Exceptional understanding of the visual and the functional aspects of Web/Mobile design and the ability to execute both.
- Experience with cross-platform interoperability & graceful degradation: ideally based on device detection and device capabilities
- Well versed in iOS and Android design and development
- Killer visual and interactive design skills in an Adobe friendly environment
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Mad wire framing skills! (Graph paper provided)
- The ability to understand client goals/objectives and make recommendations to design/transform the web site to meet them.
- Excellent analytical ability and effective problem-solving skills
- The ability to think abstractly, creatively, and apply good design principles
- Must organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage ones own time efficiently and productively and multi-task in a fast paced organization
- Expert JS, CSS and HTML presentation layer development skills a HUGE plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong oral, written, and visual communication skills
**Please note that this is a W-2 Contract Position**