Controller - E004 (BBBH548) Beverly Hills, California
Seeking a highly qualified corporate Controller for its mature start-up, venture-backed, rapidly growing business operations. We seek a CPA-qualified professional with technology/e-commerce industry, start-up, venture-backed funding, and Silicon Valley-esk experience.
The successful individual will be keenly interested in driving change within a fast paced, rapidly growing environment. Our planned growth will be both organic and though acquisitions. The Controller will direct and manage the overall accounting operations of the Company; provide accounting, people and overall operational leadership. Further, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of executing systems and process improvement initiatives with significant impacts. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
This is a career opportunity for a highly capable, hands-on professional with 6-10 years of directly related work experience; with at least the last 2 years in a corporate Controller position within a dynamic, high-growth, venture-backed technology/e-commerce environment.
Location / Travel: You will primarily be located at Companys Century City (Los Angeles) office with effective onsite and virtual interaction with the teams in the San Diego, CA; Alpharetta, GA; and, other regional business operations center. You will be required to travel domestically and internationally based on business needs and demands.
- As the Company grows, you will partner with the CFO in building and developing a high-performance Accounting team responsive to the needs of the organization and key stakeholders
- Assume responsibility and accountability for an Accounting team of four people, with responsibilities in AR, AP, Payroll, GL, taxes (i.e. payroll, sales, etc.)
- Direct leadership, direction, guidance and accountability for all project/job cost accounting including, but not limited to AR, AP, Payroll, month-end-close and taxes payable
- Manage monthly close process and creation of monthly financial statements; with monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting to the CFO
- Manage all aspects of the audit process, with timely reporting to the CFO
- Evaluate existing financial systems and processes, making recommendations as to required improvements, and driving the implementation of approved changes
- Lead efforts to identify and implement stage-appropriate and scalable systems, controls, policies, processes and best practices
- Collaborate with key business partners as required, providing accurate and timely data i.e. HR, external auditors, outside legal counsel and executive leadership
- Assess and establish finance and accounting infrastructure to support expansion of US domestic and international business operations
- Prepare factual, accurate and timely presentations for the companys executive leadership, Board of Directors, and other strategic audiences
- Other duties as required or directed
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, or closely related field
- Current CPA qualifications required
- Solid GAAP knowledge and experience
- 6-10 years of directly related work experience; with at least the last 2 years in a corporate Controller position
- Demonstrated advanced-to-expert Excel skills
- Experience working directly with Company leadership and strategic partners in raising venture-capital funding
- Experience working in a venture-backed, start-up environment
- Leadership demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven financial system and accounting team management skills
- High-energy level; self-motivated; positive can-do attitude
- 2+ years experience in public accounting (big four firms)
- Silicon Valley start-up type experience