UX Designer - 15626 (BBBH75) Sunnyvale, California
Unique opportunity for an experienced Interaction Designer with a passion for creating compelling, innovative and enjoyable user experiences to join Design team. The Interaction Designer will lead design efforts on a variety of projects including Local Search and Maps in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, other designers, web developers and usability researchers to envision and develop next-generation Local online experiences and to improve existing ones.
- Identifying requirements and facilitating the development of conceptual design and product direction based on field research and functional requirements.
- Working closely with product managers and developers to define and design the user experience.
- Designing the user interaction model, workflow and information architecture
- Helping create interactive prototypes for user and market research
- Working with usability researchers to design and observe user research studies (usability, ethnography...) and applying research insights to design opportunities
- Working with visual designers to improve and refine product design and consistency
- Degree in Human Factors, HCI, industrial design, or related area and/or several years experience in a product development organization or large website.
- Must have solid understanding of Web site design, and working familiarity with HTML. Bonus points for Flash capabilities.
- Experience with shipping products a must.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interaction design process and skills.
- Familiarity with user research methodologies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong analytical and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team.
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Must be able to develop new approaches to complex design problems and to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must have an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.