Sr. Data Scientist - CRD003 (BBBH254) Santa Monica, California
Do five thirty-eight, priors and z-score mean more to you than a time of day, entries in a rap sheet, and your zombie headcount in Black Ops II? Read on if that was a yes.
We are a well funded financial startup based out of Santa Monica, CA. We create payments solutions like Visa cards that connect brands with their fans and enable our customers to make a social statement with their payment. Data and scientific insights are at the core of our company's operations. We’re looking to grow our Data Sciences & Analytics team with an experienced Data Scientist (senior).
Senior Data Scientist
- Design and optimization of data structures for high-performance computing
- Engineering scalable reporting on rapidly-growing large data warehouses
- Design, execution and documentation of statistical hypothesis testing (e.g. A/B tests)
- Work closely with Engineering Team to maintain company-wide data integrity
- Development and timely reporting of internal metrics for core operations
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a graduate degree in Statistics, Computer Science (Informatics) or the Physical Sciences with extensive experience in data-intensive computations.
- Be an expert in engineering and deploying R-based (or similar) big-data analytics solutions
- Possess in-depth understanding of the latest technology solutions for enterprise-wide reporting
- Expert knowledge in the R programming language
- Fluency with Git code deployment and LaTeX/Sweave/KnitR workflows
- Fluency with relational database design and querying (MySQL, MariaDB etc)
- Parallel computing and scalability testing of analytics
- Familiarity with Drupal or similar PHP-based CMSes- Experience with cloud-based computing