Contract Negotiator w/Legal - 104647 (BBBH588) San Jose, California
This position will be based in our San Jose office and will provide legal support to attorneys and other non-legal procurement specialists by handling a variety of matters, including:
- Requirements Gathering, Sourcing, and Planning
- Reviewing Vendor Proposals (RFPs, etc) for business risks, including financial, performance related, indemnification, export, reputational, and other risks to be mitigated.
- Conducting appropriate internal due diligence to ensure that negotiation objectives are identified and a sound negotiation strategy is formulated to meet those objectives
- Conducting meetings with the key clients and suppliers to gain alignment between sourcing and internal business partners on requirements, demand management approach, and sourcing strategy.
- Identifying risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution, or engages other units and expertise as necessary to address the risk.
- Effectively Negotiate Legal and Commercial Terms
- Serving as lead contact for all phases of the procurement process.
- Understanding the appropriate use of standard forms and templates.
- Leading negotiations on behalf of internal business unit stakeholders who are licensing/creating intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets and/or acquiring IT and Non-IT goods and services from external service providers.
- Reviewing, drafting, editing and negotiating contractual terms and conditions with external customers.
- Advising internal clients and other stakeholders at all levels regarding contract terms and conditions, including, resolving complex contractual and business issues.
- Ensuring all contracts conform to applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and client requirements.
- Consulting with assigned attorney / Legal regarding troublesome or unfamiliar contract issues.
- Support Existing Contracts
- Building relationships with business personnel in assigned business areas.
- Reviewing vendor requests for contract amendments/change orders. Determine, in coordination with client, necessity for increase in scope of work and compensation. Adjudicate determination of whether increase in scope and compensation should in fact be required under the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Assist in Supporting, Training and Development of Procurement Staff
- Advising and counsel on work quality of lower-level contracting professionals to ensure that contract actions are being completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with Adobe corporate policies and procedures, and the requirements of the Global Procurement team.
- Participating in the training and development of the sourcing specialists and other team members.
- Continuous Improvement
- Actively participating in Global Procurement initiatives (e g., supplier base consolidation, business process improvements and cost reduction initiatives)
- Identifying process improvements to maximize internal and external customer satisfaction
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Years of Exp: 3-5 years
**Please note that this is a W-2 Contract Position**