Ruby Developer NY - HN002 (BBBH309) New York, New York
Digital Media Technology company that creates custom, cross-platform content: social and mobile apps, Facebook games, custom CMS's and creates campaigns that engage audiences in record time. For example, they created a Wendy's campaign that exceeded its Facebook Like's goal by more than 350%. Company highlights include:
Securing top tier clients such as: Toyota, Nestle, P&G, HP, Nike, GE, Avon, Coke, Samsung, American Express, Google, CitiGroup, JC Penny's Panasonic, Adidas, EA and Sega just to name a few.
Have built 2,015 Social and Mobile apps, 3,131 web pages, 874 rich media units, 127 custom CMS in 100+ global territories.
87% success rate of jobs pitched and have attracted almost 400MM + likes from Facebooks app's built.
Growing at 416% annually and just launched their new Social Listening and Analytics Platform that's getting rave reviews from customers.
Only 3rd company ever to receive all 4 credentials and access to Facebook's Pages, App's, Inside and Ads.
Winner of Twitter's Golden Tweet Award & OMMA Award for B2B initiative.
Youll work with some of the best the industry has to offer in a fantastic environment. Our developers need to be able to take applications from start to finish with minimal oversight. Short deadlines and fluid requirements are the norm, and we need developers that can build maintainable and scalable web applications in spite of that. We work with major brands, and you will need to understand and accommodate their needs while being willing to operate outside your comfort zone. Being plugged in to the interactive community is important to us, and you should have excellent knowledge of the latest trends and technology. Think youre up to the task? Wed love to hear from you.
- Expert-level knowledge of web development using Ruby.
- Knowledge of MVC principles and detailed knowledge of at least one MVC web framework, preferably Ruby on Rails.
- Good understanding of relational database essentials. Able to hand code SQL, add proper indexes, etc.
- Understanding of benchmarking, caching strategies, etc. Experience with Memcached, etc.
- Experience with SASS/LESS/Coffeescript/HAML a plus.
- Command line fluency. Comfort with Linux and basic server setup/administration.
- Familiarity with TDD and RSpec or equivalent.
- Ability to anticipate and avoid roadblocks; willingness to to adapt to changing client needs.
- Experience building Facebook platform apps a major plus.
- eCommerce experience a plus.