Sr Java Amazon Web Services SQA Automation Engineer - HW1441 (BBBH339) East Palo Alto, California
Our Quality Engineering Team is looking for an exceptionally talented Senior SQA Automation Engineers, to deliver continuous improvement of open source Hadoop and the other products that we provide to our customers. You will do this through your deep understanding of automation tools, test methodologies for distributed software, and customer focus.
This position is for a hard worker who likes challenges, and is constantly striving to improve the WAY work is done both QE and Dev. You will have visibility in the prestigious
Apache open source community, and the opportunity to build a public reputation for your contributions. Principle, senior and journeyman positions are available, depending on your experience level.
- Develop maintainable test automation frameworks, tools and automated test suites, in response to growing feature set and customer requirements.
- Work with the open source community to scale up test automation practices, and provide robust releases.
- Set-up, develop, maintain and enhance production staging environments and tools.
- Help tune production cluster configurations, and debug system level deployment issues.
- Strong commitment to best practices in SQA and software development, including modern CI processes and automating EVERYTHING. Comfortable with Agile/Scrum processes and code review.
- Strong experience in Automated SQA practice in a Windows application development environment (preferably with Enterprise-class applications).
- Solid knowledge of API-level client/server testing in Java, not just Web Services testing.
- Strong knowledge of current quality engineering and test automation tools and processes, including JUnit, Jenkins, Selenium, Mockito, and Subversion, or comparable products
- Performing testing, stress testing, and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- Providing testing, debugging, and deploying software for highly scaled cluster applications, involving thousands of servers, or enterprise applications involving large data centers.
- System administration experience with a 24x7, high-availability production environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5 - 7 years experience SQA Automation Engineer in software test development, automation tools development, and/or data center administration.
- 3 + Java development experience
- Expert level in at least one scripting language (Python, batch, PowerShell, or comparable)
- Strengths in test framework architecture, SQA methodologies, feature coverage analysis and professional commitment to the field of Quality Improvement. Able to raise quality of
- releases to the next level.
- SQA automation experience in Linux development environments.
- Experience configuring and utilizing Amazon Web Services for cloud computing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Doesnt let things fall through the cracks.