Director, Revenue Planning w/ ASC 605 - LZ007 (BBBH567) Glendale, California
|Salary:||USD130000 - USD130000 per year|
The Director, Revenue Planning will be responsible for providing technical expertise in revenue recognition taking into consideration additional GAAP principles as required. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on product revenue planning.
The ideal candidate will be extremely hands-on with strong Excel proficiency and able to analyze large amounts of data. We are looking for a CPA with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change through written and verbal communications are imperative.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with Business Units, Finance and Legal teams for providing recommendations based on Our Revenue Recognition Policy and/or Procedures.
- Document multi-element revenue arrangements and related revenue accounting treatment under current revenue recognition rules.
- Publish accounting whitepapers to document the accounting positions, as necessary.
- Work actively with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and compliant with GAAP. For particularly complex revenue recognition deals, ensure that the external audit team agrees with the companys conclusion through the "profiling" process.
- Manage evaluation of data for VSOE on products and services. Drive processes and automation of the implementation of VSOE, as applicable.
- Develop and oversee analytical monitoring of compliance on VSOE and collaborate with the BUs on potential impacts from changes in pricing and product offerings.
- Support external SEC reporting and SOX processes as required.
- Ad-hoc Reporting and Analytics as required.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to subordinate(s).
- Responsible for month end revenue closing and reconciliation.
- CPA required.
- 5 years progressive experience plus relevant managerial roles.
- Revenue recognition experience, specifically ASC 605.
- Excel and Powerpoint proficiency.
- Public and private experience.