Senior Product Manager w/ Big Data/Hadoop, Partner Products - H (BBBH752) East Palo Alto, California
Company that is industry leader in its niche, founded by former Yahoo! Executives recently raised over $100 Million and employee grown by over 400% to over 250 people in last year.
Define the future of Hadoop and Big Data with the company that innovates at the core of Apache Hadoop. This position provides the unique opportunity to define the future of how the Hadoop platform evolves to support and enhance ecosystem components, working with our partners to create a modern data architecture. This exciting position advances our mission to integrate with existing data technologies while creating a foundation for future technologies.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and strategic partners to identify customer and market needs, and define use cases.
- Lead product feature planning and work closely with our engineering and partner teams to deliver products that maximize utility for enterprises, partners, and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Create and evolve solution architectures that optimize us and partner technologies for the benefit of our joint customers.
- Drive joint roadmaps.
- Provide partner input back to engineering, and provide customer and our companies input back to partners around new and emerging opportunities.
- Define, track and interpret key business metrics to drive overall product success.
- Develop product and competitive positioning.
- Support field enablement and other go-to-market activities.
- Experience with Hadoop and non-Hadoop data technologies.
- 3+ years experience in product management or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- Ability to quickly understand complex technologies and translate them into solution architectures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.