Software Quality Automation Engineer - HW1503 (BBBH411) East Palo Alto, California
Company that is industry leader in its niche, founded by former Yahoo! Executives recently raised over $100 Million and employee grown by over 400% to over 250 people in last year.
Our Quality Engineering Team is looking for an exceptionally talented SQA Automation Engineers, to deliver continuous improvement of open source Hadoop and the other products that we provide to our customers. You will do this through your deep understanding of automation tools, test methodologies for distributed software, and customer focus.
This position is for a hard worker who likes challenges, and is constantly striving to improve the WAY work is done both QE and Dev. You will have visibility in the prestigious Apache open source community, and the opportunity to build a public reputation for your contributions
- Develop test automation frameworks, tools and automated test suites, in Python or PowerShell
- Work with the open source community to scale up test automation practices, and provide robust releases.
- Develop, maintain and enhance production staging environments and tools.
- Help tune production cluster configurations, and debug system level deployment issues.
- Strong commitment to best practices in SQA and software development, including modern CI using Jenkins processes and automating EVERYTHING. Comfortable with Agile/Scrum processes and code review.
- Strong knowledge in back-end testing on Web Services, Database and/or BI/DW.
- Strong knowledge of current quality engineering and test automation tools and processes, including JUnit, Jenkins, Selenium, Mockito, and Subversion, or comparable products
- Performing end-to-end testing; stress testing, and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- Debugging, and deploying software for highly scaled cluster applications, involving thousands of servers, or enterprise applications involving large data centers.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years experience SQA Automation Engineer in software test development, automation tools development, and/or data center administration.
- 2-3 years scripting in Python, Perl and/or PowerShell
- SQA automation experience in Linux or Windows Server development environments.
- Experience configuring and utilizing Amazon Web Services for cloud computing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Doesnt let things fall through the cracks.