MS SQL Server Datatwarehouse Architect - LZ011 (BBBH574) Glendale, California
Consumer Internet client of mine that has been around for about 10 years, profitable and cash flow positive for 5+ years, is an industry leader it's niche.
We are seeking a seasoned Data Warehouse Architect to join our team. You will work with business users and leads to gather requirements, conduct analysis, and translate these into technical architecture/implementation plans. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with multi-dimensional models.
What youll do:
- Work with business users and leads to gather requirements, conduct analysis and prioritize requests
- Translate business user requirements into technical architecture and implementation plan
- Define physical architecture, server, and storage for DW
- Design and implement multi-dimensional models, including the construction of Data marts, Dimensions, and Cubes while adhering to enforced development methodologies.
- Define and direct security requirements for DW
- Design and implement the data loading (ETL) and publishing processes within the DW/BI environment
- Design of data warehouse data storage strategy/technique (ODS, DM, ROLAP, MOLAP, and etc.)
- Design and implement reporting applications including (but not limited to) BI dashboards, reporting cubes and static reports.
- Design and implement required interfaces for the data warehouse including BI tools and other applications used by the business
- Develop, implement and maintain test strategies and plans
- Mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Strong Experience in building an enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience in overall data warehouse architecture (ETL, ODS, Data Marts, Cubes, and Reporting)
- 5+ years in Dimensional Modeling
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 including.
- 5+ years in ETL such as SSIS
- Strong Experience in Configuring and building SQL Server Analysis cubes
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 5+ years in T-SQL Programming
- Strong communication skills
- 10+ years of overall experience
- BS/MS degree in computer science
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Experience in advanced Dimensional and Fact table concepts
- Experience in building business intelligence solutions for Marketing, Website analysis, Payments, Recurring billing, Accounting, Finance, and operations
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP/MOLAP technologies and dimensional modeling, including applicability to various reporting problems
- Experience in No-SQL databases is a plus