Software Quality Assurance Analyst - TT002 (BBBH373) Kalispell, Montana
Great opportunity with very solid transaction processing technology company founded by Seattle Tech industry veterans. Company is located beautiful Kalispell Montana, home to Flathead Lake, biggest lake West of the Mississippi as well as Glacier National Park, Whitefish Mountain Resort, Blacktail Mountain Ski Area, etc. GREAT for out door living for summer and winter destination
This position will provide Quality Assurance expertise in order to certify the level of quality for new, modified, and existing data processes and applications. Our ideal candidate for this position has solid experience testing e-commerce applications in a fast-paced agile development environment. This role will be involved with test planning, requirements gathering and test case creation. In addition this role will assist with automated test harness/code development and debugging root causes of quality issues.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Developers and other QA Analysts to test internet based applications at the functional and system level using manual and automated testing.
- Develop, execute and maintain manual and automated tests to identify both GUI and non-GUI based defects.
- Provide complete test coverage of assigned areas
- Analyze software defects to ascertain source and nature of defects
- Write clear and reproducible software defect incident reports
- Thoroughly verify development fixes at the code and functional levels
- Communicate effectively with other members of the QA team, the development
- team, other departments and managers
- Become a product and knowledge expert in the areas tested
- Other duties, as assigned by management
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science desired, or equivalent combination of formal education and experience-based learning
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a software QA Analyst
- Background in an Agile environment(SCRUM, XP, ...etc.)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with a variety of test tools
- Experience with industry QA standards, processes, tools, and methodologies
- High attention to process and detail
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A highly organized individual who works well under pressure with a "whatever it takes" approach to complete tasks to meet tight deadlines- to go above and beyond while remaining keenly focused on quality