Gas/Chemical & GLSS Engineer - AE001 (BBBH520) Mountain View, California
Supervise team of technicians and material handlers, who play a lead role in providing technical and operational support to the senior management. The candidate will be responsible for tactical leadership, direction, and supervision of 1) Gas/ Chemical Services team that safely and efficiently keeping the specialty gas delivery systems and bulk gas delivery systems properly maintained, and 2) GLSS (Gas Life Safety System) team that provides technical expertise in design, construction, programming and maintenance of Life safety system. The candidate is also expected to develop and implement strategies to improve service levels and improve efficiency throughout the organization.
Gas/Chemical Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise gas/chemical services per contract, including, building teams, developing employees, contract performance management, and training.
- Coordinate and ensure continuous improvement of housekeeping, safety, environmental compliance, quality and cost consistent with overall Facilities department goals
- Technical support of all gas systems to contractors, and technicians in support of the operations.
- Interface closely with Tool Hookup Team, Process Lateral Systems, and Lab Facility Operations to ensure flawless startup and operation
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate results and provide practical, cost effective solutions.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve problems
- Maintain proper record keeping ensuring a well-coordinated, multi-shift operation.
- Protect physical assets and comply with company standards of environmental control.
- Develop and enforce effective preventive maintenance and safety procedures.
- Responsible for the delivery of standards, efficiencies, service, and quality within the gas/chemical services
- Ensure a safe work environment and build a culture where safety is the first priority
- Enforce and follow EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety) standards for all assigned areas
- Actively participate in work teams and lab user groups
- Manage customer support programs and technical trouble shooting related to gas delivery systems.
GLSS Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise engineering and design team of Instrumentation & controls/Life Safety Systems for multiple projects of varying complexity and GLSS maintenance team
- Take various levels of responsibility for, and participation in the development of, project scope, budget, and schedule
- Provide technical direction to design engineers throughout the project conceptual design phase, interface with site user groups, other engineering disciplines, local municipalities and/or utilities, trade contractors, and other project stakeholders as required
- Perform conceptual instrumentation and controls (I&C) and Life Safety System analysis for multiple scenarios that can include high level schedule and/or budget development to help customers and stakeholders make critical business decisions based on time and cost constraints
- Establish Plan of record designs including component selection of all instruments, actuators, and controlled output devices as well as control systems such as PLCs and SCADA -Management and development of new design standards to meet changing process and customer requirements
- Develop effective process design deliverables to support all aspects of conceptual design
- Effectively interact with several internal engineering organizations to influence design standards, construction specifications, and operations requirements to ensure these enable construction to meet its success metrics
- Develop and implement effective safety by design practices into all aspects of the companys business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering with more than 5 years of semiconductor or high purity hazardous gas/chemical facilities management
- The candidate should have strong knowledge and experience in at least one area of responsibilities: Gas/ Chemical management or Gas Life Safety System in a semiconductor facility.
- Strong leadership, management, coaching and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, cross functional and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective management skills related to project management, inventory control and human resources.
- Strong problem solver and planner with organizational and analytical ability.
- A self-starter with ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and solutions to peers, subordinates and operations customers.
- Strong knowledge and experience in both Gas/ Chemical delivery System and Gas Life Safety System.