UE Researcher III - 2785774 (BBBH458) Sunnyvale, California
We are looking for a seasoned User Experience Design Researcher to join the User Experience Research Team and help lead research to inspire and inform our next generation experiences for our advertising and publishing partners. We are looking for someone who has experience studying and evaluating product experiences and tools that support complex workflows as well as analytics dashboards and interfaces. The role requires the ability to champion a human-centered design process throughout the product development cycle working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to help shape the next-generation of advertiser and publisher product experiences.
The candidate must be a strategic, independent, self-motivated, creative and professional researcher capable of executing a broad array of design research methods, from early stage ethnographic and concept research, to downstream usability evaluations. The candidate should be able to effectively advocate for the needs of users and influence business decisions by synthesizing research results with market trends and competitive insights relevant to the business context.
- Advocate for the needs of our users at all levels of the organization
- Lead a human-centered design processes to create high quality user experiences
- Plan and execute design research studies efforts ranging from strategic product definition to usability testing
- Communicate research results in an effective and compelling manner that influences strategy and execution decisions
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience leading design research efforts across the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or desktop applications
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive psychology, or related area
- Candidate must have examples how they applied research experience to influence both strategy and execution decisions at various points in the product development lifecycle
- Must demonstrate strong research skills, including research design, study moderation, and qualitative/quantitative analysis
- Must be able to collaborate actively as part of a cross-functional project team
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and personal leadership skills
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience in quantitative research and analysis and experimental design a plus.