Sr. Interaction Designer - 16182 (BBBH174) Sunnyvale, California
Unique opportunity for an experienced Interaction Designer with a passion for creating compelling, innovative and enjoyable user experiences to join Design team. The Interaction Designer will lead design efforts on a variety of projects including Local Search and Maps in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, other designers, web developers and usability researchers to envision and develop next-generation Local online experiences and to improve existing ones.
· Identifying requirements and facilitating the development of conceptual design and product direction based on field research and functional requirements.
· Working closely with product managers and developers to define and design the user experience.
· Designing the user interaction model, workflow and information architecture
· Helping create interactive prototypes for user and market research
· Working with usability researchers to design and observe user research studies (usability, ethnography...) and applying research insights to design opportunities
· Working with visual designers to improve and refine product design and consistency
· Degree in Human Factors, HCI, industrial design, or related area and/or several years experience in a product development organization or large website.
· Must have solid understanding of Web site design, and working familiarity with HTML. Bonus points for Flash capabilities.
· Experience with shipping products a must.
· Must be able to demonstrate strong interaction design process and skills.
· Familiarity with user research methodologies.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Strong analytical and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Able to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team.
· Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
· Must be able to develop new approaches to complex design problems and to meet aggressive deadlines.
· Must have an eye for detail and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.