Director of Product Management - eCommerce, CRM - NS001 (BBBH231) San Mateo, California
Director of Product Management – eCommerce, Retail, & CRM
We are revolutionizing eCommerce by delivering consumer-centric commerce across all shopper touchpoints and unified with the retailer’s core operational systems. We are looking for an exceptional Product Management leader to help drive this revolution. You will own product management and strategy for Commerce, Retail, and CRM, leading a world-class team of PM’s to deeply understand our customers’ needs and design remarkable solutions that help them succeed.
To succeed in this role, you will need experience leading and growing awesome PM’s, proven ability to create great eCommerce solutions, and a passion for helping businesses succeed.
· Own the eCommerce, POS, and CRM product roadmaps, creating the winning vision for these areas and a successful strategy to achieve that vision. Lead PMs to create feature backlogs and prioritize product investments by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
· Manage and coach a team of Product Managers, helping them grow their skills and maximize their impact. Coach and lead the PM team to create user stories and designs that lead to remarkable products.
· Deeply understand the needs of the Retail and Etail verticals and create the product strategy to win in these segments.
· Be a hands-on leader who owns and executes part of the Commerce product directly.
· Collaborate with Development, QA, XD, and Doc to deliver delightful products to our customers
· Partner with Marketing, Sales, Professional Services and Support to successfully rollout our products and ensure a great end-to-end customer experience
· Collaborate with NetSuite executive management to get input and alignment on the vision and roadmap
· Be a thought leader within and beyond NetSuite on Commerce products, experiences, and technologies.
· Extensive eCommerce experience, preferably in creating webstore applications. Deep understanding of eCommerce space, technologies, and competitors. Experience in creating Retail and/or CRM applications is a big plus.
· 5+ years of software Product Management experience. Thorough understanding of PM skills, processes, and best practices, and ability to teach to others.
· 2+ years experience managing people, preferably software Product Managers. Proven ability to manage and grow others.
· Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track record for building products with exceptional user experience.
· Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult tradeoff decisions.
· Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills.
· Great intuition and judgment on how to make software that is easy to use and wows users.
· Computer Science / Engineering degree or experience is a plus.
What We’re For:
· Must Have:
o Passion for and ability to understand Retail / Etail customer needs and deliver incredible solutions
o Deep eCommerce expertise, preferably in creating webstore software
o Extensive PM experience. 5+ years. Thorough understanding of PM tactics, processes and best practices, and ability to teach others.
o People management experience. 2+ years. Proven ability to manage, guide and develop others.
o Product vision & strategy. Ability to create a compelling vision and an achievable roadmap to get to the vision. Able to make difficult tradeoff decisions.
o Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills. Quick on feet – able to handle self in meetings with executives
o Hands on – not just a leader/talker but also wants to roll up sleeves and own part of the tactical execution
o CRM experience, preferably in creating CRM software
o Retail / POS experience, preferably in creating software
o “Product person.” Creator, tinkerer, builder, analyzer. Instinctively analyzes products to determine how to make them better.
o Passionate about great design and excellent design judgment. Both logical and visceral sense for what makes a feature easy and enjoyable to use.
o Technical aptitude. Can understand eCommerce technologies and platform.
· Nice to Have
o Experience creating software for or working in mid-market companies
o Scrum/agile experience
o SaaS experience
o Engineering degree/experience