Field Service Technician - Morgantown, WV (1044) Morgantown, West Virginia
|Salary:||company car plus benefits|
JOB TITLE Field Service Technician
LOCATION Morgantown, WV
REPORTING TO District Service Manager
JOB TYPE Full-time
START DATE Immediate
At Glory Global Solutions, innovation is at the heart of what we do. We bring real innovation to our customers, through technology, process and our people. Through our innovation, we fundamentally change the way cash moves across operations, how staff work, and how customers are engaged and the ways in which businesses connect their cash management systems.
World experts in the management of cash, we work in partnership with our customers to identify their exact needs, establishing a framework of technology and process change that has a profound effect on business results. This framework delivers a proven return on investment and sees new levels of customer engagement, fully supported by vital business intelligence to enhance profitability.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for the managing of all aspects of total customer service and care at existing clients. This will include troubleshooting and repair of cash-dispensing and sorting equipment; daily scheduling and time management of all accounts assigned; tracking and management of parts/tools; and staying abreast of changes in technical and functional elements of current Glory Global Solutions or legacy Talaris/Glory equipment.
- Diagnose system problems in minimal time and make repairs.
- Make recommendations for improving the service, reliability and performance of our equipment.
- Keep customer apprised of progress during remedial maintenance or during a down system situation.
- Gather and record machine information at regular intervals to monitor performance.
- Escalate solving technical problems by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support when necessary.
- Handle customers in a professional manner during difficult high-pressure situations.
- Document system problems and preventative maintenance in customer site log.
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules and perform according to company specifications.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting with repair and installation of machines, as well as Engineering Change Notices that affect current systems and upgrades. Hardware or software upgrades may require technical assistance or unusual or complex systems.
- Support ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18000 activities and seek continued improvement of procedures and practices that reduce costs while maintaining or enhancing customer satisfaction, quality and service.
- Support and facilitate involvement of company initiatives.
- Any other job responsibilities as assigned by management.
PERSON SPECIFICATION AND CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience as outlined in this job specification
- Trained in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical machines.
- Understanding of AC/DC power distribution.
- Understanding of digital and analog circuitry.
- Ability to effectively work with electric schematics, logic diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Logical trouble shooting skills and capability to isolate problems at PCB or component level.
- Working knowledge in the operations of personal computers especially Microsoft Office, navigation across network sites and email communication.
- Working knowledge of DOS and windows.
- 3-5 years of technical field experience, preferably in high-speed paper handling machines such as check sorters, mail sorters, currency sorters, ATM’s or copier machines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hold a Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist.
- Ability to work weekends on a rotational basis once every three to five weeks.
- Ability to work on certain holidays to accommodate business needs.
- Travel within your assigned territory is required, with occasional travel outside your assigned territory (up to 40%); on an as-needed basis as well.
- Ability to accommodate limited accessibility at a job site, including the ability to work in confined spaces in around our equipment.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / An E-Verify Employer
It is the policy of Glory Global Solitions Inc. (GGS) to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law governing the GGS location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, all GGS locations are affirmative action employers.
About Glory Global Solutions
Glory Global Solutions, formed in 2013, combines the former international businesses of Glory and Talaris. A global business, headquartered in the UK, Glory Global Solutions is built on the solid reputation and rich history of the GLORY Group, Talaris and De La Rue, providing combined experience spanning over 280 years.
Working from more than 20 countries, over 2,500 professionals and specialists deploy knowledge, skills, resources and technology, to ensure that cash moves seamlessly throughout operations, significantly reducing cost while transforming staff productivity. Further business development and support through our network of 350 business partners delivers local expertise and understanding worldwide.