** Staff / Senior / Mechanical Design Engineer (PDC) (11763BR) Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
Penang Design Center
Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer.
You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
Staff/ Senior / Mechanical Design Engineer
Complete detailed designs for a broad range of complex products across a diverse customer base, providing expert mechanical engineering design services and support throughout all stages of the product development life cycle
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities
- Assists project management in the development of proposals to ensure accurate technical, staffing, budgetary, and schedule content.
- Develops engineering/product concepts that are innovative, high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy all stakeholder's (customer, manufacturing, material, etc.) needs and requirements throughout the full Product Development cycle.
- Innovative and provide mechanical solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of multiple alternative concepts using theory, simulations, and mathematical models
- Able to turn conceptual ideas into manufacturable products using a variety of high-and-low volume manufacturing processes to customer's requirements.
- Experience building mock ups and proof of concepts and delivering prototype units to customers by selecting components, procuring or fabricating models and hands on assembly.
- Ability to engineer, implement and verify the mechanical design of parts, components, assemblies in 3D CAD and utilizing appropriate analysis tools.
- Present their work and interact with clients including options to solve mechanical problems/issues and present trade-offs with some external guidance from other engineers
- Develop and execute mechanical design verification test plans per requirements specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements
- Support the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and assistance to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner
- Project leadership and ability to manage themselves to predefined project schedules and budgets.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or
- Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience will be considered
- Minimum 6years experience in product development and equivalent industry experience
- Strong knowledge plastic part design for injection molding
- Current experience with Pro/E and/or SolidWorks is a must
- Experience doing complex surfacing design will be good.
- FEA and/or CFD experience is an added advantage.
- Mechatronics and Automation knowledge is an added advantage, but not a crucial requirement.
- Exposure and working knowledge in mechanical part/component design for manufacturing in a variety of processes such as blow molding, pressure and thermoforming, machining, casting, and/or sheet metal fabrication
- Able to create complex part and assembly drawings.
- Familiar with general tolerance guidelines. Knowledge in tolerance analysis is an advantage
- Occasional travel, to support project and business needs to North America and SEA.
- Energetic, curious about how things work, articulate and able to communicate their ideas
- Drive to excel and learn new technologies, fabrication processes, analysis and testing approaches to problem solving
- Works independently with little supervision and works well in a team environment
- Works to schedule and budget constraints in efficient and conscientious manner
- Takes pride in their work and presentation materials
- Able to give criticism and receive criticism on designs