Unix Technical System Engineer (UNIXTECHCGI89544) Phoenix, Arizona
Initiate, evaluate, communicate and coordinate technical issues among different groups, and negotiate their resolution, ensuring that issues are acted upon, documented, communicated and closed within a reasonable time frame. Build and maintain project resource plans that are dynamically available and containing all day-to-day and project efforts will be critical. Also ensure that targeted deliverable dates are effectively managed.
Help organize and participate in on-call coverage, providing technical support for the group in development, test, certification and production environments, while assisting to ensure that resources (personnel and equipment) are appropriately and reasonably allocated, and that users' expectations are properly managed and addressed. Identify areas for improvement within the current technical services delivery; and the other groups in order to recommend and implement best-practices processes and procedures that will add value to technical services delivery.
Establish cross-training initiatives within the team to provide enhanced support capability. Conduct and lead meetings and technical sessions with various groups as part of technical services delivery and to be able to follow up meetings with recommendations to management, action items and implementation plans Manage incident/request tickets, response SLA’s and resolution SLA’s Manage the server/client allocations based on work load.
Manage timely/detailed updates for problem tickets. Attend the change control / fed change meetings (team members will send updates to team lead, this will increase productivity with only one team member attending these calls)
- Sound knowledge and hands-on expertise in the following core skills set involving any combination of the following:
- AIX, Solaris and Linux system administration including installation, configuration, networking, server administration/management, troubleshooting, security, monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, backup/recovery, service pack/hot fix/patch install, vendor support liaison, coordination with technical staff at all levels.
- Proven experience implementing large enterprise Linux/Cloud environments.
- Scripting in C, C++, Perl, and TCL.
- IBM P-series with LPAR, HACMP Clustering.
- Configuration, monitoring, job scheduling, and capacity planning..
- Understanding of SAN/NAS/RAID technologies, ability to work with SAN management group and other technical staff.
- 5 to 10 Years of industry IT experience.
- Sound knowledge and hands-on expertise in the core skills involving the following:
- AIX System Administration Skills, VIO, LDAP,GPFS…
- UNIX tools knowledge
- Working with Helpdesk Ticketing software for incident management
- Data Communications skills, including LAN and WAN
- C, C++, Perl and TZCL scripting skills
- SAN and NAS configuration and support
- Project planning and use of project & documentation tools
- Completion of any current vendor technology courses such as IBM, SUN.
- Industry technology vendor certifications will be very beneficial.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent