Application Developer (APPDEVCGI89541120) Chattanooga, Tennessee
Maintain the in-scope applications production support levels for lights on doors open (LODO). Provide capacity and expertise to support minor enhancements and small projects. Manage the Service Request (SR) intake, triage, and prioritization with Cigna oversight
- Minimum of 3 years, typically 5+, years’ experience programming required, including direct SAS experience in a production environment.
- At least 1 year of System Administration work required
- Minimum of 3 years’ Experience working on Unix/Linux and at least one other platform required. Ideal candidate will have exposure to Unix/Linux, Windows and Mainframe (Z)
- Minimum 1 year of experience with the SAS 9 (or greater) Intelligence Platform and the SAS Management Console is desirable.
- Some experience with SAS and RDBM systems (including DB2/UDB, Sybase and SQL Server) is desirable.
- Experience deploying applications to JAVA-based Web Application server (Tomcat/JBoss/WAS)
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple assignments and associated resources.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or complex concepts into information meaningful to team members and/or business personnel
Nice to Have’s:
Highly motivated and productive, serious, emotionally mature, good team player, outstanding communication skills due to the visibility of the position. Should be organized, methodical, produce quality work and be proactive. Helpful if the candidate understands Financial business terms and concepts. Willing to make an extended commitment – not the right position for someone who is looking for short term assignment.