Senior Sourcing Manager (Supply Chain) (45318) Atlanta, Georgia
The Supply Chain Senior Sourcing Specialist will lead the development and provide the ongoing support for a corporate wide strategic sourcing and vendor rationalization program for assigned category. This position is responsible for the delivery and execution of strategic Indirect sourcing projects for the contingent labor category. This includes defining category specific sourcing strategy plans and leading the sourcing process to include market and baseline analysis, managing suppliers, developing and implementing strategies, performing supplier capability assessments, continuous improvement and benchmarking that supports the labor category.
The Supply Chain Senior Sourcing Specialist will provide comprehensive sourcing strategies that ensure the ''best value'' result is achieved within the Indirect category. This includes identifying, evaluating, and selecting vendors to meet internal business needs, managing sourcing processes and completing necessary documentation (including RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs), and conducting vendor capability and suitability assessments. This role will assist in negotiating product/service pricing and contractual terms and conditions. Will assist in establishing standardized and comprehensive contract management packages that comply with the Contract Department processes and procedures requirements and that also minimize any potential financial or contractual risks. The Sourcing Specialist will also be responsible for the evaluation of vendor performance and compliance when considering contract renewals. In addition, this position is expected to have a deep understanding of our internal customers businesses and their objectives to develop strategies that meet their current and future procurement needs as well as develop broad vendor, product, and industry knowledge to provide sourcing expertise to internal clients.
The position will engage suppliers by leading the end-to-end supplier selection and bidding processes across high value spend and continuous improvement processes. Results and benefits will be measured across financial and operational dimensions, including price, quality and service.
1. Drive competitive sourcing events and support contingent labor vendor selection process.
2. Execute detailed base-lining and spend analytics within categories of ownership.
3. Track ongoing compliance of continent labor category and drive escalation process for non-approved system spend activities.
4. Assist Senior Category Manager in supplier escalation processes and supplier relationship management/issue resolution.
5. Drive implementation planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
6. Maintain knowledge of suppliers within contingent labor categories for opportunity identification and business case development.
7. Drive special project opportunities within contingent labor categories (supplier and cost benchmarking and research, etc).
8. Solicits formal and informal bids for requested services, taking into account price, terms, delivery, compatibility, total cost of the supplier's ability to meet their responsibilities.
9. Optimize supply base moving towards a few strategic suppliers.
10. Establish balanced scorecard selection metrics that extend beyond purchase price.
11. Assist Senior Category Manager in implementation planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
12. Serves as an agent to guide Cox's supplier diversity efforts by providing data monitoring, evaluation, status reports and program communication.
13. Develops and implements Program standards, procedures, guidance and discipline.
14. Identifies change management opportunities and develops recommendations.
15. Responsible for facilitating meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
16. Works with the contracts department to create agreements/contracts/standing orders with successful vendor(s), which contain the benefits (prices, service, technology, asset/inventory management, quality, etc.), using corporate contract templates or other approved methods.
17. Negotiates contracts for strategic and large vendor contracts for the procurement of services.
18. Implement multi-year strategic alliances with suppliers to leverage company wide volume, reducing the number of vendors to an optimum number.
1. 8+ years of related business experience including a minimum of 2 years in strategic sourcing is required. 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Experience successfully supporting a large-scale Program Management / Process Improvement / Integration initiatives resulting in organizational change.
3. Solid analytic capabilities required.
4. RFx experience required.
5. . Experience assigning and coordinating work of cross-functional team members to accomplish project goals.
6. Advanced experience with MS Office (Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
7. Self-starter with ability to manage projects and relationships independently.
8. Excellent negotiating and influencing skills through written or verbal communication with specific experience in management reporting and executive presentations.
9. Proven ability to create and execute effective business plans.
10. Solid business financial understanding and exceptional organization and analytical skills.
11. Strong understanding of the Contingent Labor Category.
12. Some travel required.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Human Resources, Operations or a related discipline.
2. Understanding and demonstrated use Vendor Management System highly desirable.
3. Top 5 consulting experience a plus.
4. Project management experience and six sigma training preferred.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.