Corporate Accounting Manager (42055) Chamblee, Georgia
Responsible for analyzing financial data to ensure the accurate, timely and proper accounting of CCI's financial statements; maintains a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with GAAP. Develops, recommends, and implements accounting practices throughout CCI to ensure that financial and operating data accurately reflect the condition of the business or unit and provides reliable information necessary to control operations. This position will be responsible for maintaining fixed asset activity for Cox Communications including the monthly closing of fixed assets. Assists in decision making and resolves complex accounting issues.
1. Managing a team of accounting analysts.
2. Manages production of various analyses and management reports.
3. Providing recommendations for operational efficiency and process improvements subject to management review.
4. Develops, recommends and implements accounting process and policy changes.
5. Ensures accurate and proper accounting enabling consistency of our companys results.
6. Provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers.
7. Reviewing and approving journal entries, reconciliations and other work products of the team, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
1. 7+ years of accounting and/or auditing experience.
2. Strong ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions on operational issues.
3. Ability to establish working relationships with key internal and external customers.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong organizational skills.
6. Analytical and technical proficiency in all aspects of finance and accounting.
7. Proficient with computers, standard corporate operating systems and applicable software applications.
8. Display the initiative and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion.
9. Self Starter and effective in a team environment.
10. Able to effectively manage in continuous improvement environment.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Accounting or Finance.).
2. CPA Preferred.
3. Oracle fixed asset module experience desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.