Inside Sales Rep 2 (9832) Cleveland, Ohio
Affymetrix Reagents offers its employees a dynamic work experience in the growing field of Life Science and Biotechnology. Our staff is a team of dedicated and creative individuals whose mission is to supply quality reagents which meet or exceed our customers' needs.
Inside Sales Representative, USB® Products – Life Science Reagent Business Unit - Cleveland, Ohio based
The successful candidate must be a dynamic individual with the ability to adapt and drive growth within the life science market. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who can develop innovative ways to meet assigned revenue targets and possess strong interpersonal, phone and writing skills. The position requires a BS or BA degree, in the life sciences.
The Inside Sales Representative will handle incoming customer requests from the assigned territories, generate leads for new opportunities, and drive direct sales of product through outbound calling and email campaigns. The Inside Sales Representative will utilize our CRM system throughout the day and will use this tool to manage customer records, contacts, campaign activities and customer interactions.
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue target
- Increase customer awareness of Affymetrix and advocate for all Affymetrix brands through lead generation programs
- Meet outbound calling campaign activity levels using campaigns developed by marketing and sales management
- Prospecting new users utilizing publications and funding databases
- Create and maintain relationships with customers to promote penetration, retention and loyalty
- Build on relationships with existing accounts and develop new customers
- Provide quotations and samples to customers and following up on those to close the sale
- Manage a limited number of customers with in person visits with out of the office travel limited to two to three days per month
- Use of CRM software to maintain customer records, develop a database of prospects and manage opportunity pipeline and quotes.
- Coordinating closely with Customer Service and Technical Support team members
- BS or BA required in Life Science discipline
- 1-2 years inside sales experience preferred, however not required if the candidate possess the necessary additional skill sets
- Molecular Biology lab experience is preferred
- Very limited overnight travel, typically less than 5%
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills / ability to set priorities and meet deadlines