Bio Services Engineer 4 (9771) Santa Clara, California
Join an enterprising team providing statistical and bioinformatic expertise supporting next generation expression product development. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Bioinformatics for the Expression Business Unit and will work closely with the product development. This exciting opportunity allows for interesting and varied work across many areas of expression research including micro RNAs non-coding RNAs and alternative splicing.
The candidate should have a strong background in data analysis and application of statistical methods. The position requires a Ph.D. in one of the following, bioinformatics, statistics, genetics, computational biology, mathematics or a related field, with applied experience analyzing microarray data. Candidates lacking a PhD who have 3 or more years of relevant bioinformatics experience will also be considered. The candidate should have programming skills in a scripting language such as Perl or Python and have experience with R. Additionally, the candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with handling large datasets and be proficient with both UNIX (Linux) and Windows environments. The successful candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Mathematics/Bioinformatics/Computer Science
- Proven practical experience in analysis of high-volume genomic data.
- Applied experience analyzing microarray data
- High degree of proficiency with Unix, Windows
- Programming skills with Perl or Python, R/BioConductor/ S-Plus/Matlab
- Ability to work as part of a high-functioning multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and multi-task well.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of challenging problems.
- Peer reviewed publications record.
- Experience with other genomics tools and technologies.
- In-depth experience with sequence analysis software.