Finance Analyst 5 (9801) San Diego, California
Our History of Expertise & Quality Focus
eBioscience, Inc. was founded in June 1999 in the San Diego Golden Triangle, an area rich with emerging technology companies and close to the University of California San Diego campus as well as Scripps Institute. A collaborative environment that encourages employee development, the company offers a dynamic work environment in which people can learn and grow with the business.
A rapidly growing, fast-paced biotech company, eBioscience provides innovative high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery in the areas of immunology, cell biology, stem cell biology and oncology. Product line applications include reagents for multicolor flow cytometry and immunofluorescence, functional assays, ELISA, and western blot. The organization is committed to developing and producing a large selection of innovative and commonly used reagents at high quality and great prices. Unique opportunities for talented and motivated individuals are available at increasingly rapid rates.
In 2009, eBioscience expanded our product offering to include the Diagnostics market and established regional headquarters in Europe with the acquisitions of a distribution company in Frankfurt, Germany and Bender MedSystems, GmbH (BMS), a manufacturing organization in Vienna, Austria.
An organization that values people, creativity and learning, eBioscience strives to achieve excellence while creating a challenging and fun work environment.
Senior Financial Analyst – eBioscience Business Unit
This is a key position within the Financial Planning and Analysis team that contributes to the group’s success by owning and executing several key deliverables. Key areas of responsibility include financial analysis and reporting, and act as business partner to the SVP and GM of the eBioscience Business Unit (eBioBU) and various VPs, Directors and Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Finance owner of Business Unit P&L – thorough review and understanding of BU Revenue, Gross Margin and Opex trends and variances.
- Ownership and management of the Annual Budget, Monthly Close & Forecasting processes for various BU Marketing and R&D Operating Expenses, Headcount & Capital - and partner with eBioBU Management to develop quarterly forecasts and budgets, including variance analysis.
- Analyze and report operating expenses, headcount, and capital spending to ensure financial targets are achieved, perform trend analysis, and other key metrics.
- Coordinate and consolidate quarterly & monthly forecasts – Headcount & Opex.
- Primary FP&A owner for consolidation and analysis of Quarterly reporting packages.
- Responsible for Headcount and Material Requisition approvals.
- Prepare and review different types of investment business case analysis (NPV calculation and Return on investment analysis).
- Work with IT, Finance and Business partners regarding maintenance and process improvements with various software applications.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to senior management to evaluate / identify opportunities and business trends.
- Support other FP&A team members and activities as necessary.
Critical skills include:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented, while keeping big picture in mind.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and think outside the box (think critically).
- Very strong systems experience working with Enterprise Planning and Reporting tools (TM1/Cognos or Hyperion) as a user and/or Administrator.
- Demonstrated strong Excel, PowerPoint and other computer skills
- Excellent planning, communication, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- This role also requires the ability to work as a team player and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance with 5-8 years of relevant work experience requirement.
- MBA or CPA is a plus, but not required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer an exciting, entrepreneurial environment and a competitive compensation package, including salary, plus performance bonus and benefits (medical/dental and 401k). Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our company culture is creative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We are a right sized environment where you can stand out and make a difference.