Employee Relations Specialist (95164BR) New York, New York
Our Human Resources activities support UBS's vision to be the choice of clients worldwide. We work closely with the business to recruit the exceptional people and develop the individual talent needed to support our clients' continued success and we help to foster UBS’s collaborative, respectful and performance-oriented culture.
We are seeking a dedicated HR professional to join the Employee Relations team.
• Provide day-to-day advice and guidance to employees, HR professionals and managers on a wide range of employee relations topics such as: Performance management issues, FMLA, disability or other health-related issues, claims of unfair treatment, discrimination or harassment to ensure fair, equitable, objective and consistent treatment of employees
• Advise on workplace issues and disciplinary actions including terminations, warnings and grievances
• Advise on restructurings, workforce reductions, and strategic initiatives such as acquisitions and divestitures
• Develop, implement and maintain tools to enhance managers' and HR’s understanding of appropriate handling of workplace issues, i.e., checklists, RIF tools, etc.
• Identify, develop and facilitate delivery of relevant training for managers, HR and employees on Employee Relations topics of import to the Firm
• Conduct internal investigations of employee complaints
• Partner with HR Legal to discuss/mitigate exposure on charges, attorney demand letters, litigations and arbitrations including settlement of claims
• Receive, investigate and respond to severance appeals
• Participate in special projects/ initiatives, some of which are global in scope, including work on shared services and cross-regional policies or procedures.
|• Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
• 5-10 years experience in Employee Relations/HR or US Employment law
• Strong working knowledge of US Federal and State Employment laws
• Sound critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to apply those skills to a wide range of HR issues
• High level of initiative and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, including listening, client engagement and conflict resolution
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and deliver against deadlines
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel
• Financial Services experience
• Ability to interface effectively with employees at all levels from non-exempt staff to Group Managing Directors